Skip to content

Transitioning from High School to College

Learning about services and accommodations available is an important part in your transition to college.  Staff from Student Accessibility Services (SAS) regularly meet with prospective students who are interested in learning more about services. Please contact us to set up an appointment at any time.

Many of the accommodations included in high school IEPs, 504 plans, and specialized learning plans are accommodations that can also be offered at the college level. We request you submit a copy of your most recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP) / Evaluation Team Report (ETR), 504, or learning plan as part of your documentation. Please note: There are some limitations to collegiate accommodations where, unlike high school, modifications cannot be made to the curriculum.  

An important aspect of the transition to college is the development of self-advocacy skills. Students will need to self-disclose their disability to the SAS staff. Services do not automatically transfer from high school. In order to receive services, students should begin by submitting documentation which meets current guidelines and contact SAS staff directly.

Schedule Your Final Exams!

Our office is now scheduling accommodated exams for finals! Email your finals schedule to or come in person to our office (ACS 140) to schedule your final exams. Please try to schedule your final exams before Wednesday, May 1st 2024. More information about how to email your finals schedule featured on the the home page of MyAccess portal. Good luck on finals!